Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
Great for lunch.
- 1 cup diced feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cucumber, peeled and diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 onion, thinly sliced
- 8 black olives, pitted and halved
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 4 large pita breads
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- salt and pepper
- Place the cheese, cucumber, tomatoes, pepper, onion, and olives in a bowl.
- Stir in the olive oil and oregano, then season well and set the bowl aside.
- Place the pita breads in a toaster or under a preheated broiler for about 2 minutes, until puffed up.
- Meanwhile to make the dressing, mix the yogurt with the mint, season well and set aside.
- Holding the hot pitas in a kitchen towel, slice each one from top to bottom down one of the longer sides and open out to form a pocket.
- Divide the prepared salad among the pita bread pockets and drizzle with a spoonful of the yogurt dressing.
- Use the remaining dressing separately.