This is from Bon Appetit Nov. 2007.
Make and share this Greek Salad Pita Sandwiches recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄4 cups chopped seeded plum tomatoes or 1 1⁄4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup diced seeded and peeled cucumber
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 2⁄3 cup chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped radish
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 4 1⁄2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 4 (8 inch) whole wheat pita bread, halved
- Whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar in a large bowl. Season dressing with salt and pepper. Mix tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, radishes and parley into the dressing. Stir in feta cheese. (Salad can be made 2 days ahead -- cover and chill.).
- Using slotted spoon, transfer salad mixture to pita bread halves. Serve sandwiches immediately.