Recipe by Sarah_Jayne
Who says eggs have to be boring? This is a hearty vegetarian meal that could be as at home for an evening meal as it is for breakfast. I originally found this recipe in BBC Good Food Magazine.
Top Review by Irmgard
We had this for dinner the other night, scaling it down to serve two. It comes together very quickly and is so yummy! I made it with egg substitute for health reasons and it still turned out beautifully. We will definitely be enjoying this recipe again!
- 10 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 3 tomatoes, chopped into large chunks
- 1⁄4 cup black olives (pitted are easier to eat)
- 3 1⁄2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the grill / broiler to high.
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl with the chopped parsley, pepper and salt, if you want.
- Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan, then fry the onion wedges over a high heat for about 4 mins until they start to brown around the edges.
- Throw in the tomatoes and olives and cook for 1-2 mins until the tomatoes begin to soften.
- Turn the heat down to medium and pour in the eggs.
- Cook the eggs in the pan, stirring them as they begin to set, until half cooked, but still runny in places - about 2 minutes
- Scatter over the feta, then place the pan under the grill for 5-6 mins until omelette is puffed up and golden.
- Cut into wedges and serve straight from the pan.