Prep 9 mins
Cook 0 mins
everything you love about greek salad in a portable portion
Make and share this Greek Salad in a Pita recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb tomatoes, seeded, diced (about 2 cups)
- 2 cups diced seeded peeled cucumbers (from about 1 large)
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper (from about 1 large)
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olives or 1⁄4 cup other brine-cured black olives, halved
- 1⁄4 cup diced red onion
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)
- pita bread, shells
- Toss first 9 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Gently mix in cheese. Season with salt and pepper. (Can be made 2 hours ahead. Let stand at room temperature.)
- eat OR stuff in a pita.
Very good and I've been thinking. I'm funding my entire family and extended family's food bill thanks to my devotion to cooking. Made for PAC Fall 2011.