Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
In the spirit of getting ready for summer I'm posting this lightened up Greek Salad Dressing. Originally from my local newspaper, the San Jose Mercury News.
- 118.29 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 4.92 ml shallot, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh oregano, minced
- 4.92 ml fresh basil, minced
- 7.39 ml Dijon mustard
- 118.29 ml extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- Combine all ingredients expect oil in medium mixing bowl with wire whisk. Once ingredients are combined, slowly pour in olive oil while whisking to form an emulsion.
A quick and easy dressing that's mighty tasty too! We used this to dress a cucumber and tomato salad as an accompaniment to a wonderful Pastitsio. I used fresh oregano and fresh basil from my garden. Delicious!
Great flavor. I will use this for green salad, pasta salad and over tuna. A very versatile recipe. Thanks for sharing it.
The dressing tastes so fresh and delicious. I served it on a simple garden salad and it really elevated it. Made for Mike and the Appliance Killers ZWT 9.