A delicious dressing served over Greek Salad or over pasta. A very versatile dressing! A good marinade, too. Dressing is meant to be a little tart with a good olive oil flavor.
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced then crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (Grey poupon)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (not bottled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and shake well to mix.
- Update 6/23/10: For a creamier dressing, add all ingredients except oil to a blender. Pulse several times to mix ingredients. With blender running on high, slowly pour oil into blender until mixture is creamy. Refrigerate.