Recipe by BeachGirl
A delicious dressing served over Greek Salad or over pasta. A very versatile dressing! A good marinade, too. Dressing is meant to be a little tart with a good olive oil flavor.
Top Review by Nougat
Costco. at one time, made a chicken salad with kalamata olives, artichoke hearts, grape tomatoes, and their rotisserie chicken. I loved it, and wanted to make it at home, when I asked what kind of dressing they used they said that they could only get it in bulk and that it was a greek salad dressing. So my next step was to find a recipe and this is the one I chose. I made it exactly as written except to use a little of the Kalamata juice along with the red wine vinegar. Also, all I had was bottled lemon juice so that's what I used. This stuff turned out great! My homemade version of the chicken salad was better then the stores. I also drizzled it over cut tomatoes and cucmbers for lunch. Excellent! Thanks so much for such an easy solution for my craving!
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced then crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard (Grey poupon)
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (not bottled)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 5 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil leaves (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon oregano leaves (optional)
- Mix all ingredients together and shake well to mix.
- Update 6/23/10: For a creamier dressing, add all ingredients except oil to a blender. Pulse several times to mix ingredients. With blender running on high, slowly pour oil into blender until mixture is creamy. Refrigerate.