Recipe by luvinlif2k
Lathi Kai Xethe (LAH-theekeh KSEE-thee) is popular in the Greek American community and is from "Extending the Table ... A World Community Cookbook." Posted for ZWT4.
Top Review by Cheffette Teresa
We all loved this salad dressing on our Greek salads. I made it and let it sit in the fridge for about 6 hours, and it was really flavorful! The family all ate it and said how good it was, so it will be made again!
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 cups olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients EXCEPT olive oil.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Add olive oil gradually while whisking.
- Store in refrigerator.
- SALAD SUGGESTION: Make a large tossed salad of leafy lettuce, crumbled feta cheese, chopped tomatoes, sweet onions, fresh black olives, and chopped or sliced cucumber. Add salad dressing to taste, toss and serve.
- OPTION #1: Substitute 1/2-3/4 cup. vegetable oil for a lighter dressing.
- OPTION #2: Add 1-2 teaspoons dillweed for extra flavor.