Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is by far my favorite Greek Salad! Way to go Ina! I am guessing at the yield on this salad. But, the recipe states that it serves six.
- 1 hothouse cucumber, unpeeled, seeded, and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 red bell pepper, large-diced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, large-diced
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, halved
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced in half-rounds
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, 1/2-inch diced (not crumbled)
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, pitted
For the vinaigrette
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄4 cup good red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- Place the cucumber, peppers, tomatoes and red onion in a large bowl.
- For the vinaigrette, whisk together the garlic, oregano, mustard, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Still whisking, slowly add the olive oil to make an emulsion.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the vegetables.
- Add the feta and olives and toss lightly.
- Set aside for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend. Serve at room temperature.