Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A tiny Geek salad on top of a sliced cucumber. The fresh garlic and herbs make this recipe seem like there are a lot more ingredients than it calls for!
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 1⁄2 medium cucumbers
- 1⁄4 cup pitted kalamata olive
- In a small bowl stir and mash together feta cheese, sour cream, parsley, garlic, and pepper. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours.
- Using a sharp knife, trim the ends from cucumbers; discard ends. Peel cucumber.
- Bias-slice the cucumbers into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture onto each cucumber slice.
- Do not use salt as this will draw the moisture out of the cucumbers.
- Arrange cucumber slices on a serving platter.
- Place a Kalamata olive on each cucumber slice. Serve immediately. Makes 30 appetizers.
Such a crisp bite of Greek summer! Delicious!