Recipe by Jessica K
Another Greek recipe for the Zaar World Tour. This is from Better Homes and Gardens. This is fast and easy.
Top Review by Tamaretta
These made an interesting appetizer for a Christmas party. Most people were intrigued when I told them what it was called and everyone tried at least one. We all thought the amt of topping required to almost cover the cucumber (or at least make it look pretty) made it was too strong and salty. So, I would make these again but put them on baby cucumbers (I used burpless cucumbers this time). Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (4 ounces)
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 cucumber
- 1⁄4 cup finely shredded fresh basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pitted kalamata olive
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl stir together feta cheese, sour cream, parsley, dried tomatoes, garlic, and pepper. Cover and chill for 2 to 24 hours. (Cook time reflects refrigeration time).
- Using a sharp knife, trim the ends from cucumber; discard ends. Horizontally slice the cucumbers into slices. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons cheese mixture onto each cucumber slice. Arrange cucumber slices on a serving platter.
- In a small bowl combine basil and olives. Spoon some of the mixture onto each cucumber slice.