Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Bon Appetit (July, 1983)
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 zucchini, cut into julienne stripes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 red onion, sliced and seperated into thin rings
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, quartered with marinade
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a large salad bowl combine first 6 ingredients (tomatoes- feta cheese).
- Cover with undrained artichoke hearts.
- Pour red wine vinegar over salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Best if chilled for several hours or overnight.
- Toss before serving.
Enjoyed for ZWT9 Greece. A lovely Greek salad - a little different to the usual with the zucchini batons, artichoke hearts and red wine vinegar. Photo also being posted
Delicious salad!This is a huge recipe. I reduced the black olives and feta. Had it as is with recipe#352153 along with bread and dessert, and also had some over cold barley for lunch.Made by an Unruly for an Unruly during ZWT6 Greek tour.
I loved the zucchini in this salad! I made this for ZWT 9 Vegan challange so instead of the feta cheese I used pan roasted chick peas. They added a nice texture, and the protein, but some of that feta saltyness was missing :)