Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Adapted from Bon Appetit (July, 1983)
Make and share this Greek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tomatoes, cut into wedges
- 1 zucchini, cut into julienne stripes
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 cup sliced black olives
- 1 red onion, sliced and seperated into thin rings
- 1⁄2 lb feta cheese, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) jar artichoke hearts, quartered with marinade
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- salt and pepper
- In a large salad bowl combine first 6 ingredients (tomatoes- feta cheese).
- Cover with undrained artichoke hearts.
- Pour red wine vinegar over salad.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Best if chilled for several hours or overnight.
- Toss before serving.
Enjoyed for ZWT9 Greece. A lovely Greek salad - a little different to the usual with the zucchini batons, artichoke hearts and red wine vinegar. Photo also being posted
Delicious salad!This is a huge recipe. I reduced the black olives and feta. Had it as is with Dolmas (Stuffed Grape Leaves) along with bread and dessert, and also had some over cold barley for lunch.Made by an Unruly for an Unruly during ZWT6 Greek tour.
I loved the zucchini in this salad! I made this for ZWT 9 Vegan challange so instead of the feta cheese I used pan roasted chick peas. They added a nice texture, and the protein, but some of that feta saltyness was missing :)