Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This can be a complete meal! We add different ingredients according to our mood and have a light supper. A favorite during the Summer!
- 2 stalks romaine lettuce
- 1⁄2 head iceberg lettuce
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 4 roma tomatoes or 12 grape tomatoes
- 4 black olives, pits removed
- 4 whole pepperoncini peppers (Greek)
- 1 bunch spring onion
- 1 -2 cup crouton (see my recipes for homemade ones)
- Greek salad dressing
- 6 ounces salami, diced (optional)
- 6 ounces sliced pepperoni (heated on paper towels to remove fat) (optional)
- 8 ounces canned great northern beans (rinsed and drained) (optional)
- 12 ounces peeled boiled large shrimp (optional)
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, drained and diced (optional)
- Shred or tear lettuce into bite-sized pieces.
- Thinly slice cucumbers, onions, peppers and olives.
- Dice tomatoes.
- In large bowl, add feta cheese and croutons, and toss with the vegetables.
- If desired, add optional ingredients.
- Pour Greek Salad Dressing (see my recipes) over salad, and toss salad thoroughly to coat with dressing.
one of my all time favorite salads! i always use alot of cucumbers and feta. i also like the dolmatas (stuffed grape leaves) that i added, and the kalamata olives, red pepper slivers, some sliced red onion, and of course fresh anchovies my dressing of choice today was just a sprinkle of balsamic vinegar and olive oil, salt, pepper. wonderful salad