Looking to fill out my Greek cookbook a little more.
Make and share this Greek Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 English cucumbers, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 lbs tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium red onion, chopped, then rinsed and drained
- 1 1⁄3 cups coarsely chopped parsley
- 1 1⁄3 cups drained pitted kalamata olives, halved if large
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 lb feta cheese
- salt and fresh-ground pepper
- Toss first 5 ingredients in a large bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together olive oil, lemon juice and oregano.
- Cover and chill vegetables and dressing separately.
- Just before serving, drain vegetable mixture and return to bowl.
- Crumble feta cheese and add to vegetables in bowl.
- Add dressing, salt and pepper, and mix gently.
- Serve immediately.
Who's gonna eat all this? Me, me, me! Pick me!