Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is our favourite salad, and the one I always take to BBQ's. If you are transporying it, keep the dresing in a small container, and add just before serving!
- 150 g salad leaves
- 2 large tomatoes, cut into 8 wedges each
- 1 red capsicum, seeded and thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄4 red onion, thinly sliced
- 16 kalamata olives, pitted
- 150 g feta cheese, sliced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- Layer the first 6 ingredients in a large salad bowl, in the order stated above.
- Layer the feta cheese in along the centre, and sprinkle with oregano.
- When you are ready to serve, pour salad dressing on top, and enjoy!
- Place all ingredients in a small jar and shake!
There are so many variations on this wonderful salad. I used a white balsamic vinegar and the dressing was a lovely lemon color. A great side for a Greek dinner.