Recipe by Olha
Use a high quality olive oil when making salads. Virgin olive oil is cold pressed, green in colour, and contains no additives. Use it on delicate salads where the taste of the oil comes through. Olive oil should be stored in a dark container or cupboard because it will eventually spoil if exposed to the light.
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper
- 3 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 large red onion, cut into strips
- 1 large zucchini, sliced
- 12 black olives, pitted
- 1 cup feta cheese, cut into chunks
- 1 large red pepper, cut into strips
- romaine lettuce or iceberg lettuce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, salt and pepper. If you like garlic add it to taste if you wish.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, zucchini, olives, feta cheese and red pepper in a large bowl. Pour the dressing over and toss. Serve on a bed of lettuce. Serves 4.
- Impossible Pie.