Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A refreshing cool salad!
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1 sliced onion
- lettuce, cut
- 1 sliced green peppers or 1 sliced red bell pepper (I prefer red)
- 7 ounces feta cheese
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons vinegar (a few drops of balsamic to taste is good, too)
- 5 ounces black olives
- 2 tablespoons capers (optional)
- oregano, and/or basil
- salt and pepper
- First wash all the vegetables very well.
- Slice the tomatoes in thin quarters.
- Peel and slice thinly the cucumbers.
- Add the cucumbers, lettuce, oregano, black olives, onion, green or red pepper, and the caper (optional).
- Dress the salad with the olive oil, vinegar, and salt and mix well.
- Add the feta cheese broken into small pieces.
Thank-you I enjoyed your salad for lunch! although it may be sacrilege I added sliced radishes and sliced celery to the salad. MMmmmmm
Excellent! I did not put the capers because I forgot, and since this was used as a side dish, I left out the lettuce. I used champagne vinegar with a splash of balsamic and plenty of dried oregano. The dressing was so simple but very tasty! I'm not a fan of olives, but they worked really well in this salad. Also, my 9 year old daughter said that this was the first time bell peppers have tasted good (I used a red one). This, from a kid who has tried to get out of eating them in virtually every stir fry or salad I've put them in, was a huge surprise. All of the ingredients work well to balance each other out and create a very flavorful and satisfying mix.