Recipe by Pesto lover
Hearty rice side dish. I like to serve this with greek meatballs or chicken.
Top Review by alvinakatz
Both DH and I liked this very much. Make sure to add enough salt to handle both the rice and the cabbage. It was an easy dish to make and was a nice change. Plus I could do all sorts of fun things with the leftovers.
- 1 medium cabbage, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 177.44 ml long grain rice
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 295.73 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- Over low heat in a large skillet, sauté onion until just translucent.
- Increase heat to medium and add cabbage. Continue cooking until wilted.
- Add tomatoes and water.
- When in comes to a boil, add rice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until very little liquid remains and rice is tender.