Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Hearty rice side dish. I like to serve this with greek meatballs or chicken.
- 1 medium cabbage, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 44.37 ml parsley, finely chopped
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 177.44 ml long grain rice
- 2 large tomatoes, finely chopped
- 295.73 ml water
- Over low heat in a large skillet, sauté onion until just translucent.
- Increase heat to medium and add cabbage. Continue cooking until wilted.
- Add tomatoes and water.
- When in comes to a boil, add rice, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook until very little liquid remains and rice is tender.
Both DH and I liked this very much. Make sure to add enough salt to handle both the rice and the cabbage. It was an easy dish to make and was a nice change. Plus I could do all sorts of fun things with the leftovers.
What a great flavor combination! This is an excellent recipe. I didn't think I would ever actually love cabbage (always just liked it) until this recipe. The combination is just perfect. Thank you! Made for ZWT9 by Soup-A-Stars
Cooked this for dinner tonight. I was a bit skeptical, but I had all of the ingredients on hand. I added leftover rotisserie chicken and sriracha. YUM! Will be great for lunch tomorrow.