Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Light fluffy rice together with Oregano, lemon, fresh crunchy cucumber and a few other key ingredients make this a great dish on it's own or as a side dish to some grilled chicken, lamb or beef. Prep time includes chilling.
- 3 cups jasmine rice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped (or 1/2 tsp dried)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper (or fresh lemon juice, or to taste)
- 1 English cucumbers or 1 cucumber, seeded and diced
- 1⁄4 cup black olives or 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- Cook rice according to package directions.
- add lemon Pepper, oregano, garlic and oil to hot rice and stir to combine.
- Remove from pot and into a mixing bowl.
- refrigerate 20-30 minutes.
- add cucumber, olives and Feta.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.