Yummy-if you like Feta.
Make and share this Greek Rice & Feta Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 3 cups cooked medium grain white rice, rinsed and drained (you dont want it sticky)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 large tomato, chopped and seeded
- 1⁄2 chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 chopped English cucumber
- 1⁄3 cup sliced green onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced black olives
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1⁄2 cup salad dressing (the mayo kind like Miracle Whip)
- 2 teaspoons plain yogurt
- Add the oregano, veg and 3/4 of the feta to rice and toss.
- Combine the dressing and yogurt and toss with rice mixture.
- Cover and chill 2 hours.
- Sprinkle with remaining feta.
When I go out to eat and greek salad is on the menu, it is inevitably what I will order. Also my preference is for rice rather than potatoes or pasta ...but...i was unprepared for just how well they worked in combination. Totally brilliant to combine what is in essence a side dish with a staple like rice, thus elevating it to the status of a main course. In modest amounts still a side dish, or a more generous portion a wonderfully tasty main one. Other touches like the two types of olives and combining yogurt and salad dressing also made nice taste variations. Quick to make and a colourful presentation coupled with a fresh exciting taste...definitely a winner. Thank you Diana. (prepared for the “COOKOUT” Cookathon July 1st – July 4th, 2002)
I liked this, my boyfriend did not. I think the look of it turned him off a bit. To me, it looks a bit like a jello fruit salad, which isn't at all what it tastes like.
I love rice and loved this ricepe.Cut the recipe in half and left out the yoghurt!!Thanks will make again!!