Recipe by winkki
An untested recipe I found a while ago on the Puritan website. It sounds great, but nobody will eat artichokes with me so for now it's just a 'someday' recipe.
Top Review by viedvacker
Needed a one dish meal for a crowd, and this worked nicely! Added some chicken to the tomato mixture, doubled the spices, added extra feta and some calamata olives. Was a hit! Thanks
- 1⁄2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups chopped tomatoes (or one 28-ounce can, drained)
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (8 1/2 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered (1-1/8 c)
- 3 cups cooked white rice or 3 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese, crumbled (2 oz)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
- Add garlic and sauté for 2 minutes.
- Add drained tomatoes, basil, oregano, chili flakes and salt; bring to a simmer.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring frequently and breaking up the tomatoes as they cook.
- In a medium bowl, toss artichoke quarters, rice and feta together.
- Pour into a medium oiled casserole dish When tomato sauce is ready, pour over the rice mixture, shaking the dish so the tomato sauce settles.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes.
- Uncover and bake an additional 20 minutes.
- Serve immediately.