Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Delicious and light tasting greek rice recipe to pair with your favorite greek dishes!
- 236.59 ml quick-cooking rice
- 236.59 ml water
- 1 garlic clove (grated)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 177.44 ml marinated artichoke hearts
- 118.29 ml fresh spinach, chopped
- 29.58 ml chives (chopped)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- 78.07 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive (stoned and chopped)
- Bring water to a boil, add rice, garlic, and artichokes, cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients, let sit, covered, for 5-7 minutes, to heat everything through.
- Notes: make sure not to leave the top off the pot for too long while adding ingredients. The mixture needs its steam to "cook" the rice.
Lemony goodness! Omitted the olives as we don't care for them. Next time I would maybe add a little more spinach and possibly a few fresh chopped tomatoes. So quick and easy. Thanks for posting!