Recipe by RedVinoGirl
Delicious and light tasting greek rice recipe to pair with your favorite greek dishes!
Top Review by Julie F
I was looking for a quick dish to serve with some shrimp gyros. I found this recipe and liked that it looked like it would go together pretty quickly. It did, and it turned out very well. It was just a touch dry for my taste. I might add the liquid from the marinated artichokes next time. It was good and flavorful, as well as unique. It complemented the gyros perfectly!
- 1 cup quick-cooking rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 garlic clove (grated)
- 1 lemon, zest of
- 3⁄4 cup marinated artichoke hearts
- 1⁄2 cup fresh spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives (chopped)
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- dried oregano
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄3 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup kalamata olive (stoned and chopped)
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring water to a boil, add rice, garlic, and artichokes, cook covered for 5 minutes.
- Add rest of ingredients, let sit, covered, for 5-7 minutes, to heat everything through.
- Notes: make sure not to leave the top off the pot for too long while adding ingredients. The mixture needs its steam to "cook" the rice.