Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
Cleaning out stacks of old magazines and want to save this from Cdn Living Dec 1997. Cook time does not include 8 to 24 hour marinade time.
- Cut pork into individual ribs, trimming off fat.
- In small bowl, whisk together lemon rind and juice,onion,oregano,oil,honey,garlic powder,salt and pepper; pour into large plastic bag.
- Add pork ribs, turning to coat; seal bag tightly.
- Refrigerate, turning bag occasionally, for at least 8 hours or for up to 24 hours.
- Arrange ribs on rack in large foil-lined roasting pan; pour marinade all over ribs.
- Roast in 400F oven for 10 mins.
- Reduce oven temp to 375F; roast, turning once and basting occasionally with marinade, for 1 hour or until meat is tender enough to almost fall off bone.
Great flavour, great recipe. Sadly, I overcooked the ribs and some of them looked a bit charred. Surprisingly even the well-done ribs were moist, tender and flavourful and did not taste burned. I will watch them a bit more closely next time and pull them out earlier. I love the lemon juice flavour. I did only get to have them in the marinade for about 5 hours and they were, indeed, very tender. This will be my go-to Greek Rib recipe. Thanks for sharing.
Great I slow cooked them at 250 for 3 hours and they just fell off the bone.
This was a very good recipe, and might add easy as well. One of the better greek rib recipes I have tried in a long time!