This salad is a personal favorite, it is light, healthy, refreshing and quick - perfect for a summer day! Start the quinoa first then chop all your veggies and make the dressing; you'll be done in 15 minutes with a gluten-free, high protein and nutritious meal. Pair it with steak and chilled white wine. BON APPETITE!
- 1 cup water or 1 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded fresh spinach
- 1⁄3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Bring quinoa and water OR chicken broth to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed.
- In a medium bowl, stir together quinoa, tomatoes, spinach, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, oil, and salt. Mix with quinoa.
- Place quinoa on plates and sprinkle with feta and avocado.
Great flavors, we especially liked the avocado. I used less salt and oil. I could see cucumber and dill working well in this too. Served 2 (as an entrée).
I will definitely be making this again...so good. Don't skip the fresh lemon juice!