Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
These are a delightful variation on the Mexican classic with just the right Greek touch. Quick and easy to prepare, they make the perfect appetizer or snack.
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (7 ounce) packagefresh baby spinach leaves
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 32 inches flour tortillas
- 4 -8 teaspoons butter
- salsa (optional)
- Cook onion in the olive oil in a large skillet until tender, 5-6 minutes.
- Add the garlic and heat until fragrant.
- Add the spinach and cook several minutes until the spinach starts to wilt.
- Drain the spinach on paper towels and allow to cool while preparing recipe.
- Mix feta cheese with cream cheese, ricotta, lemon juice, ground cumin, salt and pepper until smooth.
- Add the spinach to mixture, and stir to combine.
- Spoon 1/4 of mixture onto one side of a tortilla, leaving the other side bare.
- Do the same with the others.
- Heat 1-2 tsp butter in a large clean skillet and place tortilla in it, and when tortilla starts to warm, flip the bare side over onto the filled side using a spatula.
- When underside begins to turn golden, flip quesadilla, and brown the other side.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, keeping finished quesadillas warm while you cook.
- You may cut the quesadillas into wedges if desired.
- Garnish with salsa if you wish.
Delishous!!! I work at a authentic Greek Restaurant and have worked there for nearly 3 years. I eat Greek food quite often and am used to the unique tastes. I found this to be quite excellent. I found that the tortillas became a little flakey when I fried them in olive oil. This reminded me of the filo dough Greeks often use in recipes. This was very yummy!!! Thanks for sharing!
These were a hit at my girls night party along with some other quesadillas I made. Will make again! Loved these!!
Loved these! Out of ricotta cheese so I used soft tofu instead. Nice "touch" with the nutmeg. Used spelt flour tortillas from Trader Joe's.