1/62 Photos of Greek Potatoes (Oven-Roasted and Delicious!)
1 hr 29 mins
1 hr 19 mins
These potatoes are a staple in our home. Whether accompanying roast lamb or chicken, or just on their own, we have them a couple of times a week. They are delicious and the ones that get overly-brown in the pan and stick a bit are MINE! Clean up is a little tricky with this recipe, unless you line your pans with foil, but I find that just filling the pan up with hot, sudsy water and forgetting for an hour (something I apparently have no problem doing ;-)) helps a lot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 large potatoes, peeled, cut into large wedges (about 6-7 wedges per potato)
- 4 garlic cloves, minced (more garlic is a good thing, less garlic is a no-no for this recipe)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano (get the Mediterranean, it's the best!)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- sea salt
- fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 420°F A reviewer has suggested spraying the baking pan with Pam - that sounds like a great idea!
- 2Put all the ingredients into a baking pan large enough to hold them.
- 3Season generously with sea salt and black pepper.
- 4Make sure your hands are very clean and put them in the pan and give everything a toss to distribute.
- 5The garlic will drop into the water/oil solution but its flavour will permeate the potatoes, and this way, it won't burn.
- 6Bake for 40 minutes.
- 7When a nice golden-brown crust has formed on the potatoes, give them a stir to bring the white underside up, season lightly with a bit more sea salt and pepper and just a light sprinkling of oregano.
- 8Add 1/2 cup more water if pan appears to be getting dry, and pop back into oven to brown other side of potatoes.
- 9This will take about another 40 minutes.
- 10Do not be afraid of overcooking the potatoes- they will be delicious.
- 11Note: I often melt a bouillon cube in the water; if you do, make sure to cut back some on the salt.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Potatoes (Oven-Roasted and Delicious!)
Serving Size: 1 (421 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 408.8
- Calories from Fat 124
- Total Fat 13.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.5 g
- Sugars 3.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g