Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I used to drool over the potatoes my aunt made at our huge family reunions, but not be able to eat them because they are traditionally cooked alongside lamb. Here is my vegan-ized version. Enjoy!"
- 5 large russet potatoes, chopped in rather large chunks
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 head garlic, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon oregano (dry is fine)
- olive oil (a good amount)
- Place all ingredients in corningware or other deep baking dish with cover and mix to coat.
- Bake at 375 degrees, basting with oil frequently, until potatoes are crispy on the outside, soft on the inside.
The lemon flavour in this dish is really delicious! These got gobbled up by this household, thanks for a tasty potato dish. =)
I love lemon and garlic and this filled the bill. I think I used too much olive oil though. Next time I might try what Bergy did and marinate the potatoes and just spray them when cooking instead of drowning them in oil Great recipe though.
One of my favorite creations by this talented food artist. A simple but thorougly enjoyable dish. Ideal for one of those rainy Seattle nights...