Recipe by Tracy Mile
These are very flavorful. Everyone will want seconds!
Top Review by Sue Lau
These have quite a lot of garlic for garlic lovers! The garlic gets nice and mellow during the cooking process and goes quite well with the potatoes. There is also quite a lot of lemon juice but that gets absorbed and leaves the potatoes with a mellow flavor. The feta cheese is a nice touch. The potatoes don't really get crispy, however, under a covered dish, so if someone wants them crispy they should uncover them. Thanks for the recipe!
- 5 large potatoes
- 1⁄3-1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 heads garlic
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 -3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- feta cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and chop potatoes into large chunks.
- Crush garlic, and to it add lemon juice, oregano, olive oil, salt and pepper and sugar.
- Place all ingredients in a deep baking dish with cover and mix to coat.
- Bake for 1 hour at 350 degrees, basting several times with juices in pan.
- Uncover pan for the last 10 minutes to allow the potatoes to crisp up.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.