Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
My grandmother made spinach like this when I was a kid. Once I discovered how delicious it is on top of a baked potato, well, I haven't gone more than a few weeks without having one of these for dinner.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 bunch Baby Spinach (a bag of prewashed is just about perfect.)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt (optional)
- Bake the potatoes in a 400 oven for about an hour, or until they're nice and tender.
- Heat olive oil in a wide skillet over medium heat, add garlic and saute briefly, don't let it get brown.
- Add spinach to pan, and cook until just wilted, remove from heat.
- Squeeze lemon juice onto spinach, and add feta.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Cut open potatoes, top with spinach mixture, and a spoonful of plain yogurt, if desired.
Simple, healthy and tasty. I used reduced fat feta and an olive oil spray instead of actual oil to keep the calories down. I had a Greek salad on the side to complete a healthy light meal. Made for Zee Zany Zesty Cookz for ZWT6.
yum yum yum...two of my favorites thrown together!! i didnt have any feta left so i used a italian 3 cheese blend & it came out wonderful. made for zwt4!
What a healthy and tasty way to eat a baked potato. I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out delicious! I really liked the tartness added by the lemon juice, feta and plain yogurt. The flavors all blended so well together. I think next time I will make even more of the spinach mixture! Yum!