Recipe by SukiB
This is the closest I have ever been able to find for a recipe that is almost identical to the Greek Potatoes that you can get at a traditional Greek restaurant. The kids love them, and I often double the recipe so there is enough for everyone to have seconds (or thirds!).
Top Review by elainekaras_shadle
To make yhese correctly you cut the potatoes. Heat the oil in a skillet over a low-medium flame, add the potatoes, lemon juice, oregano. basil, parsley until golden brown. Sort of like when you make home fries. You can put chesse sauce on these or hamburger. You can get creative. It works well in an electric frying pan as well. Eleni
- 10 medium potatoes
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup very hot water
- 1 -2 tablespoon chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoons oregano leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Peel potatoes, rinse and cut lengthwise into wedges. Place in large casserole.
- Drizzle potatoes with olive oil - toss to coat very well.
- Dissolve bouillon into water. Pour lemon juice and bouillon over potatoes. Toss to coat again.
- Add oregano and toss again.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes.
- Remove cover and bake another 40 minutes, basting often.
- If you like your potatoes a bit crispy, broil for last few minutes until they brown slightly.