Recipe by justcallmetoni
As the weather turns chilly, my tastes immediately turn to comforting stews and thick soups. Though I am not a vegetarian, I enjoy having meatless meals a couple of times a week. Saw this one on cooking Light and wanted to post it for future reference. For those on the WW Core program, the stew is Core plus points for the feta garnish.
Top Review by smellyvegetarian
In all honesty, this was going to be a 4 star recipe for me...THEN I tried a bite of the leftovers on the second day. Wow. If you are able to make this in advance the flavors really meld together beautifully. The dill was a bit strong for me on the first day. Like others I added a fair amount of garlic, and upon discovering that my feta was a bit short I let folks choose their cheese. DH and DS loved it topped with shredded cheddar and I tried both feta and parmesan. All worked great! Thanks for posting, Toni. This one has been in my "to try" file since I saw it in Cooking Light years ago ;). Served with French Tart's recipe #235909. Made for Healthy Choices ABC.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups onions, chopped
- 1 cup potato, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 1⁄2 cups zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 2 1⁄2 cups green beans (cut into 2 or 2 1/2 inch pieces)
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh dill, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes or until onions are lightly browned.
- Add potato and water, bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in zucchini, green beans, tomatoes and white beans. Cover and cook 35 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in parsley, dill, oregano, and pepper.
- Ladle into bowls and garnish with cheese.