Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
You can do most of this recipe ahead, have your skins ready and baked the first 5 minute baking and have your cheese mixture ready and in the fridge. Continue on to the last steps just before serving. These go over well with sports fans, however I think you'll want to make more than 32!
- 3 medium potatoes, scrubbed
- olive oil
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- Heat oven 400f, prick the potatoes and bake 1 hour or until done.
- Cool potatoes slightly, cut in half, lengthwise and scoop out the pulp leaving a 1/4" shell (reserve pulp for another use) Cut skins in half lengthwise again and then cut in half crosswise (you'll have 32 pieces) Brush skins generously with with oil.
- Bake 5 minutes.
- Combine the remaining ingredients and top the skins with the cheese mixture.
- Drizzle with a little oil and broil for 2-3 minutes until cheese is bubbly.
these are wonderful!!! we had these with other greek dishes and loved them. they are very easy to make and even easier to eat!! thanks for the great recipe bergy!!
mmmm these were so good my husband ate one and saved one for last! I made them twice baked instead and stuffed all the goodies inside also added some Kalamata Olives and roasted garlic since I was using the oven time mashed it together and topped with the feta. I used green onion because I didn't have any basil or rosemary on hand. I will def make these again when I do. Thanks =)
Thank you for this wonderful recipe very delicious very easy, i sliced tomatoes and brushed with olive oil and place on top they were very good