Prep 35 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great tasting potato salad with lots of feta cheese and sun-dried tomatoes. Really good stuff.
For the Salad
- 3 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 cup sun-dried tomato, snipped into small pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled,seeded,and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup sliced red onion
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup pitted kalamata olive
For the Dressing
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Boil potato slices 10-12 minutes or until fork-tender; drain.
- While potatoes are cooking, soak sun-dried tomatoes in boiling water for about 10-12 minutes.
- Whisk together dressing ingredients and set aside.
- Drain tomatoes and press dry with paper toweling.
- Place potatoes, tomatoes and cucumbers in a mixing bowl; toss with dressing.
- Place on serving platter and garnish with onions, cheese and olives.
I loved this potato salad! I wasn't sure how all my favorites would come together since they have strong tastes, but they did, and well! I had to make a couple of changes: just a little bit of goat cheese, half the sun dried tomatoes, and just a pinch of salt and one tablespoon of olive oil (added a little Vermouth to make up for some of the loss of moisture). This made a fantastic side dish!
This is an awesome potato salad. It's so rich with flavor, from the olives down to the oregano and dressing. Yummy! Thanks!
Didn't try it myself cause I don't eat animal products. But it was a huge hit at my sisters graduation party. Easy and fun to make, and I got loads of compliments.