Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is great hot or cold.
- 2 lbs unpeeled new potatoes, cooked and cooled
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons oregano, crushed in your hands (or you can used dried oregano flakes)
- garlic, to rub bowl with
- Cut up cooked potatoes.
- Toss with remaining ingredients.
- Chill and serve next day, or you may eat it hot immediately.
This is outstanding! My vinegar-loving family went nuts over this salad! I used sweet onion, dried oregano and Yukon Gold potatoes with the skins on. We ate it at room temperature. When I went to serve leftovers for lunch today I found that my son had eaten it all. Guess I'll have to make more soon. This is a winner Greekgal - Thanks!
Prefer oil and vinegar potato salads, so this was totally up my alley. Great flavors, very quick to throw together. I followed another reviewer and added salt and pepper to this also.
I just made an almost identical recipe from the Frugal Gourmet cookbook and enjoyed it very much. I did add some salt and pepper to mine but neglected to rub the bowl with garlic (my loss!).