Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Quick, easy and tasty potato patties.
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 115 g reduced-fat feta cheese
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ground black pepper
- flour, for coating
- olive oil, to shallow fry
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Drain and mash.
- Place in bowl with crumbled feta cheese, spring onions,dill, egg and lemon juice, seasoning to taste.
- Stir well.
- Cover bowl and chill until firm.
- Divide mixture into six big patties, flatten slightly and then dredge with flour.
- Heat oil in pan and shallow fry patties until golden brown on each side.
We really enjoyed these. The feta/dill/lemon combination paired well with simple roasted chicken which I had seasoned with garlic & lemon before roasting. I did use egg substitute and found that they browned well in a non stick skillet with only about 2 tsp of olive oil. Thank you Sueie for sharing the recipe.
These have a great taste from the dill and feta and are very easy to prepare. I served them with shish kebabs and Greek salad, although I think they would easily go with a salmon dish as well. Thanks so much!