- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups coarsely shredded potatoes
- 5 ounces packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and well drained
- 1⁄2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt, to taste
- oil (for deep frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl, beat the egg; add the potatoes, spinach, feta cheese, bread crumbs and salt, stir until combined.
- Pour the oil 1/4 inch deep into a large skillet.
- Heat the oil over medium-high heat until it bubbles when a little potato mixture is dropped inches.
- Drop the batter by tablespoonsful into the oil.
- Cook until golden on bottom; turn and cook until golden on second side, about 3 minutes per side.
- Drain on paper towels.