Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Delicious potatoes and tomatoes with wine make a side dish to be proud of.
- 700 g medium floury potatoes, such as russet, peeled and quartered
- 1 bunch of young fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 200 g tomatoes (small and ripe)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50 ml olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Place the potatoes, thyme, garlic and tomatoes in a roasting tray. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the olive oil and white wine, mixing well.
- Cover the roasting tray with kitchen foil, sealing the edges well.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the tomatoes are pulpy and the potatoes are falling apart.
I used 4 small to med. russet potatoes and almost a pint of grape tomatoes. I had an opened bottle of late harvest wine in the fridge. That went well. Next time I may add a little more garlic but other than that these were great. Served with grilled chicken.
Wonderfully simple and quick to make recipe which I made exactly to the easy-to-follow instructions, except for the addition of some oregano and some kalamata olives. We enjoyed this with KateLâ€™s Italian Meatloaf by B H & G 307010. Like Chef Kate, I loved the wine in this. It being in the ingredients meant I didn't have to find a way of sneaking it in! Thanks for sharing! 1-2-3 Hit Wonders 2008.
I also used grape tomatoes that I cut in half. This was a great potato dish and really easy too. I also sprinkled in some all purpose Greek seasoning and it was yummy, thanks! Made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.