Recipe by MarraMamba
Delicious potatoes and tomatoes with wine make a side dish to be proud of.
Top Review by whtbxrmom
I used 4 small to med. russet potatoes and almost a pint of grape tomatoes. I had an opened bottle of late harvest wine in the fridge. That went well. Next time I may add a little more garlic but other than that these were great. Served with grilled chicken.
- 700 g medium floury potatoes, such as russet, peeled and quartered
- 1 bunch of young fresh thyme
- 2 garlic cloves, lightly crushed
- 200 g tomatoes (small and ripe)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 50 ml olive oil
- 100 ml white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/gas 6.
- Place the potatoes, thyme, garlic and tomatoes in a roasting tray. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Pour over the olive oil and white wine, mixing well.
- Cover the roasting tray with kitchen foil, sealing the edges well.
- Bake for 30 minutes until the tomatoes are pulpy and the potatoes are falling apart.