Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
These are sooo good, I practically ate all the dough before I had a chance to bake them. My mom (who is initially from England) said they taste kinda like Marzipan, of course I've never tried marzipan so I can't vouch for that, but they're really good. They have a nice buttery nutty taste, which is great with mocha!
- 1 cup butter (softened)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour (I would NOT suggest wheat)
- 2 -2 1⁄2 teaspoons poppy seeds
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees farenheit. Grease (or line) cookie sheets.
- In a large bowl cream together butter, sugar, and egg until smooth. Stir in the extracts and gradually mix in the flour. Blend well.
- Add in the Poppy-seeds and seperate the dough into several inch-round spheres.
- Heres the fun part, you can mold these cookies into just about any shape, the dough is very pliable, I made some into triangles, circles, squares, even letters or animals-you choose.
- Once your cookie(s) possess the desired shape, you may lay them out on ypur pre-prepared pan and pop 'em in the oven(I would reccomend the middle rack).
- Let them bake for 10-12 minutes until a golden brown, be sure that they're nice and firm too- just not burnt.
- Let them cool slightly and enjoy.
- (P.S. if the bottoms are a little darker than the top, do not be alarmed for this is normal).
These wer so good! I nearly ate all of the dough before I baked them lol.
The grandkids especially liked the fact that you could shape them ;]