Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
A Greek version of pizza with homemade Tzatiki. I use my bread machine to make pizza dough and cook it on my pizza stone, but you can use any type of dough you want, or even put it on a pita.
- 1 lb pizza dough
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeds removed and medium diced
- 1 medium cucumber, diced
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1⁄4 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2⁄3 cup shredded cucumber
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- Preheat a baking stone in the oven at 550 degrees.
- Shape the dough into a ball by hand or using a rolling pin. Brush the top of the pizza dough with olive oil and sprinkle with oregano. Gently pierce the dough with a fork to prevent large air bubbles during cooking.
- Remove the pizza stone from the oven and sprinkle the pizza stone (or cookie sheet) with cornmeal. Transfer the pizza to the stone. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until golden brown.
- While the dough is baking, heat ½ tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil in a medium skillet over medium high heat. When the oil is hot, add in the chicken breast and season with ¼ teaspoon dried oregano, minced garlic, salt, and pepper. Cook about 3-4 minutes on each side, until the chicken is golden brown and fully cooked. Transfer the chicken from the pan to a cutting board and cut into bite size pieces.
- Make the Tzatiki by combining the yogurt, shredded cucumber, lemon juice, garlic, and salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
- To assemble the pizza, place the desired quantity of Roma tomatoes, cucumber, avocado, feta cheese and chicken breast on the prepared crust. Drizzle with Homemade Tzatziki and serve additional sauce on the side for dipping.
Made this wonderful pizza recipe for hubby and I tonight. I'm gluten intolerant so used locally made pizza crusts that are gluten and dairy free, Greek goat's yogurt and ground chicken & lamb for the meat. We both can't rave over this enough. It was a lovely meal after a long work day and very easy to make. Thank you so much strawberrybird for a recipe that will be used again and again in our home :). Made during ZWT9 for team Tasty Testers!
Wonderful pizza recipe for a hot summer day! The Tzatiki sauce is very cooling and the veggies bump up the dietary value.