Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
quick, easy, delicious and Greek pita sandwich
Make and share this Greek Pita Sandwich With Italian Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 1⁄4 ounces sliced pitted olives, drained
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup Italian salad dressing mix
- mix everything except pita.
- spoon 1/6 of the mixture on half a pita and fold securing it with a toothpick or wrapped in foil to hold the shape.
- repeat with others and serve.
What a yummy quick meal. I marinated my chicken in a greek dressing, then cooked on the bbq. I used the greek dressing instead of italian, and skipped on adding the olive oil, I think it would have been way too saucy.
This was a very tasty pita, the flavor was quite good. Only change I will make next time is to leave the olive oil out and put less salad dressing in, it was just had a little too much dressing on it for my taste.
This was really good. I used oscar mayor's cooked and seasoned chicken breast strips. I thought the italian salad dressing mix was a bit strong and will only use half a cup next time I fix this. It made a wondefully quick lunch though. Thanks for sharing.