1/2 Photos of Greek Pita Salad
A very refreshing salad with unusual 'croutons'.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 English cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 2 souvlaki pita bread, cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, finely-minced
- 1/4 red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch dice
- 1 tomato, chopped fine
- 1 small red onions, chopped into 1/4 inch dice or 1/4 cup diced red onion
- 2 ounces feta cheese or 55 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, finely chopped or 2 teaspoons dried mint, crumbled
- sumac (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place rack in middle of oven.
- 2In a sieve, sprinkle cucumber with a pinch of salt, let drain for 20 minutes, and pat dry.
- 3Put pita pieces in a large baking pan, drizzle with 2 tblsps olive oil, toss to coat, season with salt and bake, shaking pan occasionally, for 20-22 minutes, or until golden-brown and crisp.
- 4Check on them after the first 15 minutes to make sure they're browning evenly and re-distribute. Let cool slightly.
- 5In a large bowl, whisk together oil, lemon juice and garlic. Season to taste. Whisk until emulsified.
- 6Stir in bell pepper, tomato, onion, feta, parsley, mint, pita pieces and cucumber, and season to taste. Toss salad to combine well.
- 7Distribute between two large plates, sprinkle with sumac, if using and serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Greek Pita Salad
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 651.0
- Calories from Fat 432
- Total Fat 48.0 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 26.7 mg
- Sodium 669.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 11.6 g