Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These individual pizzas won first place in Light and Tasty's "Vegetarian Entrees" recipe contest. They have tons of flavor, color, and other healthy fabulousness! Cheese, spinach, tomatoes, basil -- yum!!
- 4 whole wheat pita bread
- 1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (10 ounce) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 3 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried basil
- Place pita breads on baking cheet.
- Combine ricotta and garlic powder, and spread over pitas.
- Top with remaining ingredients in order given.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes or until bread is lightly browned.
These were pretty good, but the whole family agreed that they had way too much spinach. I'll definitely cut back on the spinach (maybe by half) the next time I make these.
I was just starting to post this when I remembered to check and see if it was already here! These are SO good - we didn't find them dry at all. I added fresh mushrooms to ours, and a little onion also. I also doubled the garlic powder. So yummy, and very very fast.
This pizza had a good flavor, but it was EXTREMELY dry!!!!!!! I may give it another shot, adding some olive oil to the ricotta/garlic powder mixture.