Recipe by ThatSouthernBelle
Summer 2006 edition of Kerasma's Greek Gourmet Traveler. This was originally called, "Pasteli with Greek Honey and Aegina Pistachios.' The purple of the lavender and the green and reddish purple of the pistachios looked BEAUTIFUL! Yield, prep and cook time are guesses.
- 400 g greek thyme honey
- 400 g aegina pistachios (or whatever raw pistachios are near you.)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried lavender, crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat the honey in a medium saucepan to 130C (270F).
- Remove from heat and stir in the pistachios and lavender.
- Spread the pasteli onto a silpat or nonstick parchment. If using parchment, cover with another piece of parchment.
- Using a rolling pin roll out the pasteli to a thin sheet, about 1 cm (1/8 inch) thick.
- Cut into squares or diamonds when cool and keep stored in a cool, dry place.