Recipe by PBShakes
Another from the mother in law that I have not yet tried.
Top Review by MrsMac2411
Good and something a little different for dinner. I did add a little more onion and celery, just to our taste. Also, I didnt have mint either, so i used basil too . My hubby loves eggplant, so this did the trick . For sides, I made some garlic bread and baked broccoli with lemon, garlic, bread crumbs and olive oil. All in a a nice "greek" dinner !
- 2 eggplants
- 236.59 ml minced onion
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 stalk minced celery
- 59.14 ml sunflower seeds
- 29.58-44.37 ml olive oil
- 591.47 ml cooked brown rice
- 4.92-9.85 ml mint (dried or fresh)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 59.14 ml chopped fresh parsley
- crumbled feta (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut eggplants in half lengthwise and bake, facedown on oiled tray for 20-25 minutes.
- While eggplant bakes: Heat olive oil in medium saucepan, saute onion, garlic, celery and sunflower seeds. Saute until onions are soft and transparent.
- combine remaining ingredients in medium bowl and add onion mixture.
- Remove eggplant from oven and scoop out a hole from each half. Add insides to rice mixture.
- Scoop mixture into hole in eggplant halves and serve.