Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A light and easy side dish .
- 1⁄2 lb angel hair pasta
- 3⁄4 cup evaporated milk
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon mint
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon, zest of (of 1 lemon)
- 1 lb fresh unsalted greek mizithra cheese or 1 lb anthotyro cheese
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil and cook the pasta to al dente.
- Remove and strain.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add the milk and continue beating.
- Crumble the mizithra and stir it into the mixture together with the mint and zest, and combine well.
- Add the pasta and melted butter and mix thoroughly.
- Lightly butter a 12-inch round baking pan.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the pan and bake for about one hour until golden and set.
- Remove, cut into pieces and serve.