Recipe by Southern Bette
This hearty pizza is an excellent vegetarian main dish for all palates. No one will believe how easy it is to create this gourmet tasting dish.
- 12 inches pre-packaged prepared pizza crust
- 4 -6 tablespoons commercially-prepared pesto sauce (I use Classico)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 0.5 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- cracked black pepper (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the pesto all over the crust of the pizza. Use extra pesto if desired.
- Drop the ricotta cheese in dollops all over the pizza.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the ricotta.
- Add the artichokes, sundried tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the parmesan and walnuts on top.
- Finish with cracked black pepper.
- Bake in oven 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into slices when it has cooled.