Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
This hearty pizza is an excellent vegetarian main dish for all palates. No one will believe how easy it is to create this gourmet tasting dish.
- 12 inches pre-packaged prepared pizza crust
- 4 -6 tablespoons commercially-prepared pesto sauce (I use Classico)
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 0.5 (14 ounce) canquartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 6 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mushrooms, sliced and sauteed
- 1⁄4 cup shredded fresh parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped and toasted
- cracked black pepper (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Spread the pesto all over the crust of the pizza. Use extra pesto if desired.
- Drop the ricotta cheese in dollops all over the pizza.
- Sprinkle the mozzarella on top of the ricotta.
- Add the artichokes, sundried tomatoes, and mushrooms.
- Sprinkle the parmesan and walnuts on top.
- Finish with cracked black pepper.
- Bake in oven 10-12 minutes or until the crust is golden and cheese is melted. Cut into slices when it has cooled.
Delicious! I used a pre-made whole wheat pizza crust and it turned out great. Leftovers heated up well in the microwave the next day.
This was so delicious! I wasn't expecting it to be so good. I used a whole wheat pizza crust and normal tomatoes since I couldn't find any sun-dried, and it turned out great. I'll definitely be making this again.
this was another great recipe made for PAC 08 which was cheesy and wonderful! this had the right amount of cheese and i love artichokes so i was very happy to try this out! it was easy and tasty - thanks again!