Another WW recipe I just had to add to my collection. Serving size is 1-1/2 cups.
Make and share this Greek Penne Pasta (6 WW Points) recipe from Food.com.
- 12 ounces uncooked penne
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2⁄3 ounce pine nuts, about 2 tbsp
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 10 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed (I used freshly cooked spinach and it was just fine)
- 1 lb plum tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- 6 medium olives, black,pitted and chopped (I prefer the green Greek or Italian olives)
- Cook pasta according to package directions (without butter or oil), drain and set aside.
- Coat a large skillet with cooking spray.
- Add olive oil and heat over medium-high heat until oil sizzles.
- Add pine nuts and garlic.
- Cook and stir until pine nuts are golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and tomatoes and cook until heated through, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add spinach mixture to pasta and toss until combined.
- Serve pasta sprinkled with feta cheese and black or green olives.
Nice and easy dish. I subbed 1 rinsed and drained can of tomatoes for plum tomatoes. Now that tomatoes are in season I'll use fresh next time. Add greek seasoned chicken for a meal!
Awesome! Delicious! Filling! Easy!
Relatively easy vegetarian one dish meal. I used 1 lb. tomatoes (plum tomatoes at the store didn't look very good, so I used regular) and reduced the pasta to 8 ounces (I prefer additional sauce). The toasted pine nuts put this over the top. Couldn't find reduced fat feta that day, so I used regular (less than recommended) and used cooked fresh spinach as per suggestion. This resulted in a very fresh-tasting meal.:) My BF and I ate just about the whole dish in one sitting. I didn't feel it needed any herbs, but oregano would go well with this.