Recipe by Dedee Royale
Here's an easy dish that always gets compliments. The feta cheese and pine nuts give this pasta its Greek nature. I've reduced the fat by mixing in fat-free cottage cheese.
Top Review by NorthwestGal
Delightful dish! It definitely had a Mediterranean touch and I loved the pine nuts. And it's so easy to prepare, too. I will definitely make this again. Thank you for sharing your recipe, Dedee Royale. Made for Spring 2013 Pick-A-Chef.
- 340.19 g penne pasta
- 24.64 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml pine nuts
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 283.49 g package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml white wine
- 118.29 ml water
- 4 large plum tomatoes, chopped
- 118.29 ml fat-free cottage cheese
- 113.39 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- parmesan cheese, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook pasta according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- In a skillet, add 3 teaspoons of the olive oil and heat gently.
- Add onion, garlic and pine nuts and cook till onions are translucent.
- Stir in drained spinach, tomatoes and cook for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add wine and water. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, blend feta cheese and cottage cheese with a pastry blender.
- Place drained pasta into skillet and heat, drizzle with 2 teaspoons olive oil and toss.
- Add cheese mixture, spinach mixture, salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper flakes and toss again.
- Heat for about 2 more minutes.
- Serve immediately into plates. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.