Recipe by Maine-iac
If you want a meatless "Prince Spaghetti" night, try this one! It'll be a regular in your family!
Top Review by Sibirski T.
Simple and tasteful. The majority of time is taken by cutting vegetables. I have left out peanuts, exchanged feta for mozarella because I couldnt get any and added some lemon. For lactose intolerant I would suggest changing cotton cheese for flour.
- 1 (16 ounce) box penne or 1 (16 ounce) box rigatoni pasta
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 4 cloves minced garlic
- 1 package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cottage cheese
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- salt & pepper
- parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Start cooking pasta in large pot of boiling water.
- In skillet, add 3 tsp olive oil and cook garlic slightly.
- Add pine nuts and cook 2 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and tomatoes and cook 3 minutes.
- In a bowl combine cheeses, add oregano, salt, and pepper.
- When pasta is cooked, add ½ to large bowl and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Add remaining pasta and drizzle with 1 tsp olive oil.
- Toss well.
- Add spinach mixture to pasta and toss.
- Add cheese mixture and toss.
- Top with parmesan cheese to taste.