Greek Pasticio (True Pasticio)
- preheat oven to 375 degrees farenheit.
- MEAT SAUCE.
- in saucepan heat oil and brown onion till golden add garlic and stir around a little add meat and cook till browned season with spices add the tomato sauce and fill the can with water and add the water to the sauce also add the cinnamon stick. simmer sauce 15 minutes.
- BECHEMEL CREAM.
- over low heat melt butter and gradually add flour stir with a whisk cook for 2 to 3 minutes but dont let it get brown. add milk and cook over medium hear stirring constantlyuntil its thick and creamy. add spices and allow to cool slightly.
- in a bowl beat egg yolks slightly and some colled sauce to the yolks to (temper) the yolks and add to sauce return sauce to medium heat cook for 3 minutes stirring constantly.
- in a bakingpan or lazagna pan arrange half of pasta in pan. next add the meat sauce then finish with remaining pasta finally pour bechemel cream over top covering all the pasta completely. bake in oven for 30-45 minutes or until top is golden brown. cut and serve in squares.